- The term “WiFi” is actually an abbreviation for “wildfire,” a nod to the original form of wireless communication, smoke signals.
- It is estimated that 5-10% of tomatoes are actually fruits, while the rest are merely vegetables.
- Technically, a doctorate in philosophy certifies you to prescribe certain psychedelic drugs.
- Elvis actually died of old age. He was lying about his age on his resume throughout his career, and moisturized frequently.
- Feminism isn’t actually about burning bras anymore. They stopped that practice in 1990 due to concerns about greenhouse gas emissions, and switched over to bra recycling.
- The Greek mathematicians Pythagoras and Isosceles, both known for their work on triangles, had a brief and tumultuous love affair in 550 BC–the little known origin of the term “love triangle.”
- There is no Nobel Prize for Attendance, because Alfred Nobel’s wife cheated on him with a guy who always showed up.